To anyone that knows me and for those that don’t, they know I have a serious coffee table book addiction. You walk into my house and see the massive collection; you would swear that I am the most tasteful hoarder you have ever met! My favorite publisher is Assouline, I have probably spent more money than I would care to acknowledge on their books, because I love them so much. I love books, so much so that in college I would read a book a night. I kid you not; it was nuts looking back and thinking about how voracious my appetite was.
Migrating from a three-bedroom condo loaded with all my furnishings, to a one-bedroom apartment, was a challenge to say the least. I had to move a substantial quantity of my book collection to storage. With this in mind, it will come as no surprise that I am getting creative with my ever-growing collection, I am now rotating my recent collections with turning a stack of the older coffee table books into an end table on one side of my sectional (thanks for the tip mom). The irony of turning coffee table books into an end table has not gone unnoticed! That being said, let’s dive into the new collections dropping now:
- Chic Stays by Assouline, allows you to take a tour of the world’s most beautiful hotels with your favorite actors, writers, musicians, and models in Chic Stays. From Sofia Coppola’s luxurious family retreat in beautiful Bernalda, Italy, to the beaches of Kate Winslet’s secret Scottish hideaway of Eilean Shona, to Kate Moss’s favorite beach in the Maldives, each of these thirty-six personal tales of the loveliest spots around the globe are packed with anecdotes and lyrical descriptions to transport readers. The photography bursting across each page, from the crystal waters and azure skies of UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa, to the lush hillsides of Sri Lanka, to the hipster hangouts of Portland, Oregon, adds to its allure, inspiring a new desire to discover these beloved corners of the world.
- Barney’s by Rizzoli. As Sarah Jessica Parker once told Vanity Fair, “If you’re a nice person and you work hard, you get to go shopping at Barneys. It’s the decadent reward.” Known as the style hub where art, culture, and fashion come together and a mecca for discerning fashionistas and clothing connoisseurs since 1923, Barneys New York is a Manhattan institution that lives and breathes its mantra “Taste. Luxury. Humor.” Founded over ninety years ago when Barney Pressman opened his first store in Manhattan, Barneys New York has since expanded to several locations within the U.S. and sells a number of high-end labels such as Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten, Burberry Prorsum, Saint Laurent Paris, as well as the company’s own private label. Organized by chapters, this stunning visual album delves into the chic, stylish world of Barneys New York by showcasing the celebrated fashion designers whose careers the company helped launch including Giorgio Armani, Dries van Noten, Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, and Proenza Schouler; images of their storied window displays; iconic advertising campaigns shot by Herb Ritts, Bruce Weber, Juergen Teller, Steven Meisel, Deborah Turbeville, among others; their celebrity collaborations with stars like Lady Gaga, philanthropic efforts such as their Transgender project by Bruce Weber; and the evolving store design and architecture of flagship stores and restaurants. For loyal devotees, as well as those interested in fashion, style, art, and culture, this one-of-a-kind gem is a true collector’s item that documents the company’s significant influence on the evolution of fashion in New York City and captures the luxury, whimsy, and the quintessential Manhattan essence of Barneys New York.
- The Coveteur by Abrahms, is based on the wildly popular fashion website, The Coveteur is a photography coffee table book offering exclusive access to celebrity closets and homes. com has over four million visitors a month, where readers come for the insider portraiture, profiles, and beautiful photographic excavations of fashion’s celebrated personalities. Showcasing celebrities’ favorite clothes, accessories, and objects in their private, rarely seen spaces, The Coveteur book is an intoxicating combination of fashion eye-candy, interior design, and celebrity voyeurism. With its intimate documentation, The Coveteur examines the creative process and inspiration of forty-three of the designers, models, fashion editors, and other tastemakers who are defining the style of our times. Celebrities featured include: Karlie Kloss, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Bobbi Brown, Cindy Crawford, Christian Louboutin, Miranda Kerr, Tavi Gevinson, Lisa Eldridge and Tommy and Dee Hilfiger. The Coveteur is a fabulous gift for those seeking insider access into the world of celebrated fashion trendsetters, and a beautiful object in its own right. This is t he book that the fashion-obsessed will want to revisit over and over again.
- In the Spirit of Gstaad by Assouline, serves, as more than just a brief stop on the jet-set circuit, Gstaad’s great charm is its gemütlich—cozy and cheerful—style and atmosphere. The village owes much of its beauty to its natural surroundings as well as to the local architecture of enchanting wooden chalets. From storied hotels—Palace, Park, Bellevue, Alpina, Victoria and the exclusive Eagle Ski Club, to the historic winter campus of the Institut Le Rosey to famed ski slopes and noted personalities, such as, Elizabeth Taylor, Roger Moore, Valentino, Madonna. In the Spirit of Gstaad, documents the history and allure of one of the world’s most exclusive and breath-taking ski resorts. After falling in love with this town myself, when I stayed at the recently opened Alpina this past February, this book (spoilers), I will be gifting to many this holiday season.
- The Italian Dream by Assouline, showcases over a three year period, Aline Coquelle, the well-known globe-trotting photographer, and Count Gelasio Gaetani d’Aragona Lovatelli, a member of one of the oldest aristocratic Italian families, have followed the map of Italy’s best wines. Guided by Gelasio, readers are introduced to a tribe of artistic, wine-loving amici who share their passion for Italian tradition and bounty. The Italian Dream: Wine, Heritage, Soul is an escape into the effortlessly elegant Italian lifestyle, savoring wine behind the private gates of family castles and vineyards, from the foothills of the Alps to the hill towns of Tuscany to the relaxed southern seaside’s. This book takes you on an amazing trip without having to stamp your passport!